SpreadBetMagazine.com is now under new management. We are taking a slightly different angle in that we want to take a more all-round look at spread betting.
We have worked for the spread betting companies in the past. We spread bet. We trade CFDs. We have seen much of what goes on, both good and bad.
Hopefully we can cover some industry gossip too (even when it irritates our advertisers).
Our aim with Spread Bets Magazine is to:
- arrow_forwardProvide some informative views on how you can improve your trading. We think most trading losses are due to school boy errors.We don’t have a magic pill or ’20 amazing trading secrets’ but if we can help you become more disciplined then will be hopefully save you some money
- arrow_forwardGive more detail on how to make the spread betting sites work for you
- arrow_forwardOffer personal views but not trading tips. Note, we are not regulated to give advice and that is probably a good thing!
- arrow_forwardShed some light on the poor industry practices
- arrow_forwardPoint out were the industry is pretty fair e.g. we know that many spread bettors don’t like the rolling charges (aka overnight financing charges). However, investors need to remember that when you spread bet or trade CFDs that you are borrowing from the relevant broker. If the broker charges you a rate of “(baserate +2.5%)/365” per night, that’s a reasonable borrowing rate. It’s probably better than your mortgage rate.
- arrow_forwardFlatter our egos and pretend we know something useful (mostly by pointing out all the school boy errors we have made in the past)
A Wee Disclaimer and Possible Conflict of Interest
We provide this site for free and rely primarily on advertising revenues for our funding.
Readers should assume that we could well have commercial relationships with the various brokers, third parties, writers etc. on SpreadBetMagazine.com.
We do our best to be impartial but if you think we’re not being impartial please contact us or, better still, if you think a broker review is unfair or their service has changed for the worse etc. please add a comment on that review.
The more user comments we have on the broker review pages the more balanced the reviews will be.